Behaviour For Learning Grades
1 In addition to 2,
- She is polite and her behaviour is excellent.
- Her behaviour motivates and encourages others to behave well.
- She is considerate and supportive of others.
- She makes an outstanding contribution to the lesson.
2 [The minimum expectation]
- Her behaviour makes a strong contribution to good learning in lessons.
- She is polite and routinely shows responsibility for her own behaviour, setting consistently high standards for herself.
- She responds quickly to instructions and to any guidance from staff about how to conduct herself. Time is not wasted.
- She doesn’t talk when others are talking showing respect for other people’s learning
- She has all the correct equipment
3 Although at times she can be polite and show responsibility for her
own behaviour one or more of the following apply
- Sometimes time is wasted through off-task chatter and lack of attention in lessons.
- She allows herself to lose focus and be easily distracted.
- She speaks when others are speaking.
- She can be slow in responding to instructions or to guidance from staff on how to conduct herself.
- She is late without good reason.
- She takes herself or others off task.
- She has to be moved due to poor behaviour
- She shows negative body language
4 Removed from the lesson by a member of SLT
- She shows a lack of respect for – or direct challenge to – the teacher.
- Her behaviour can be disruptive, adversely affecting her learning and that of others.
9 Her behaviour was consistent with a 2 grade. However, she arrived at
the lesson without the correct equipment.