Year 7 Literacy & Numeracy Catch-Up Premium
The Year 7 Catch up Premium is a government initiative to help raise achievement of targeted students. Additional funding has been provided for Year 7 students who have not achieved a scaled score of 100 at Key Stage 2.
The purpose of this funding is to enable schools to deliver additional support, such as individual tuition or intensive support in small groups, for pupils who need it most.
In the academic year 2016/17, we receive approximately £15,000, the funding for this academic year (2017 / 18) is again approximately £15,000. This funding is used to support the students in Year 7 in order to assist in bringing them quickly up to speed so that they are able to fully access the curriculum and reach their full potential at school.
The nature of the support for these pupils at Sandbach High School includes the following:
- A 4 day transition period – all Year 6 students are welcome to join us for the 4 days.
- Small group intervention sessions in Maths and English to accelerate progress.
- A summer Maths and Literacy task to be started by Primary colleagues in the summer term.
- Maths revision resources
- Targeted numeracy support delivered by our TAs in Maths and English (reading).
- Targeted intervention set by the class teacher.
- A Math drop in sessions delivered during lunch.
Impact Data for Year 7 Catch-up students 2017:
In English, students who received Catch-Up Funding 99% made progress, 73% made expected progress and 2% made above expected progress.
In Maths, 67% made expected progress, 12% of which made more than expected progress.
Academic Year 2017 / 2018
For the 2017-18 Academic year the Year 7 intake has the following students below the ‘Expected Standard’ (below 100).
Reading 44 / 270
Writing 51 / 270
Maths 65 / 270
15 / 270 pupils have no Key Stage 2 Data. Baseline assessments will indicate a grade.